Tuesday, February 18, 2014

President's Day

Just wanted to take a quick minute to share a few adorable pictures of some cute looking Abraham Lincoln's.  I got the idea from Pinterest, and it turned out adorable!  Yesterday students learned about some of the duties and responsibilities of the President. Tomorrow we are going to write, what it would be like to be President for a day.  Yikes!  I'm super excited about reading some first grade ideas!  Stay tuned . . . 


And . . . finally we got to write about being President for a day.  I had their pictures developed and I glued them next to their writing.
 Love this writing. "If I was the President, I would go to Florida.  I would go swimming with the dolphins. I would have fun and I would stay there for three or two days." I used Ivy Taul's President's Day Unit.


4 comments:

  1. They are adorable with the photo props. I bet this spurs their creativity in writing about being president. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came over from Coast to Coast's Link Up! I am your newest blog and Pinterest follower!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Fern! I am going to follow you back!

    ReplyDelete