Sunday, April 13, 2014

March MaDnEsS

Well March is definitely full of MaDnEsS!  Between the battle mother nature is having with the weather, and lots and lots of testing that is going on in all the schools, it is definitely maddening!  

We celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday by reading some of his amazing books.  I made a special little snack for my class.  It didn't quit turn out the way, i would have wanted, but that's ok.  The whipped cream didn't quite puff up the way I would have liked it.  I added a little bit of food coloring on the top to make it look like Thing 1.  I made labels for each of the treats.  Each student received their own "Thing #."   
 


Can you say blue mouth?  Yup, most of my students walked around with blue lips for the rest of the day.
 After students ate their snack, they wrote about the different things they would do if they were one of the things in the book The Cat in the Hat.  
"I would be thing 22 if I could an I would play with the cat in the hat."

Students learned how Dr. Seuss began his writing career.  He was inspired when he first went to a zoo.  He wrote and drew, and wrote and drew some more. Students were very inspired. . . so we began writing our own story.  I created this little  Story Writing unit.  It's free on tpt.  So click on the link for a freebie.
Story Writing Paper


We also began working on St. Patrick's Day math tubs.  I created this little unit.  St. Patrick's Day Math Tubs & Printables


St. Patrick's Day Math Centers - Tubs



Here are a few pictures of the math tubs.








And here's a picture of my son.  We brought his sax home to practice for his band concert.




No comments:

Post a Comment