Sunday, December 7, 2014

Gingerbread House Fun

I hope everyone is having a fabulous start to December.  I'm not sure what it is, but it seems like there is magic in the air during the Christmas season.  Everyone is so cheerful and full of the Christmas spirit.  I have been blessed with my students this year because they are not portraying the "hyped up" Christmas spirit that is sometimes displayed by students during the month of December.  They have such a great attitude and disposition.  They work hard and I try my best to make sure we have fun while we are learning. Last week we did my "How to Build a Gingerbread House" unit.
Gingerbread House Writing & Craft 

We began the week by making making a real gingerbread house.
I must have forgotten to take a picture of the finished product.  Every student got an opportunity to decorate it.  I called a few students over while the rest of the class worked on different centers. This made it very manageable for everyone to add their own touch to our little gingerbread house.

Then we wrote about the process together on chart paper.

  Then I released students to their seats, and they wrote their rough draft.
After they finished their writing we had a conference about their writing.  Then they finished their final draft and completed their craft.
 Have a happy writing, crafting, gingerbread makin' kinda week!


No comments:

Post a Comment